“AJI SUNTE HO CONTEST”
1. The ‘Aji Sunte Ho Contest’ (“Contest”) is conducted by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (“ZEEL”) as a promotional activity for the launch of its new couple based reality show “Äji Sunte Ho” (“Show”) which will be telecast every Monday to Friday at 6.30 P.M on ZEEL’s channel “Zee TV” (“Channel”).
2. The Contest gives an opportunity to the Participants to appear on the Show subject to terms and condition stated herein.
3. The Contest shall be effective from 6.30 PM on November 14, 2016 until 11.59 PM on November 30, 2016 (“Contest Period”).
4. Each day of the Contest Period shall commence at 12.00 AM on that particular day and shall end at 11.59 PM on the same day (“ Daily Contest Period”).
5. The Contest will be promoted across television, radio, print, digital etc. as per ZEEL’s sole discretion.
6. During the Daily Contest Period, a 10 (ten) digit number i.e 18001236565 will be flashed on the Channel by way of an Aston (“ Missed Call Number”).
7. The Participant shall be required to give a missed call on the Missed Call Number with the mobile number in the Participant’s name (“ Mobile Number”), in order to participate in the Contest.
8. Each Participant shall be entitled to give only 1 (One) missed call. In the event Participant gives more than 1 (One) missed call, then only the first missed call will be considered as valid. The second missed call given by the Participant will be considered as invalid and Participant will receive the SMS in the following format “Hum umeed karte hai aapki jodi utsuk hai Zee TV par aane ke lie. Hum aapko jald hi sampark karenge. Dekhte rahiye Zee TV. T&C apply”
9. Thereafter, Participant shall receive an automated voice call which shall ask the Participant to state 1 (One) good and 1 (One) bad quality about their spouse (“Voice Call”).
10. On receiving the Voice Call, Participant shall be required to complete their response within 30 (thirty) seconds after hearing a BEEP sound on the Voice Call (“Answer”). The Participant’s Response will be recorded by the back end of ZEEL.
11. Post receipt of the Answer, Participant shall receive an SMS which shall state the following “Hum umeed karte hai aapki jodi utsuk hai Zee TV par aane ke lie. Hum aapko jald hi sampark karenge. dekhte rahiye Zee TV. T&C apply” (“SMS Confirmation”)
12. ZEEL shall attempt to contact the Participant only once. ZEEL shall not be liable in any manner in the event Participant fails to attend the Voice Call, thereby missing the opportunity to provide the Answer.
13. A valid entry for the purpose of this Contest is where the Participant has submitted the Answer strictly in the manner provided hereinabove, with their Mobile Number and who has received the SMS Confirmation from ZEEL (“Entry”).
14. ZEEL shall try to contact the Shortlisted Participant on their Mobile Number as submitted to ZEEL, twice. However, if the Shortlisted Participant cannot be reached then it is deemed that he/she has forfeited their participation from the Contest and ZEEL reserves the right to select and declare another eligible Participant.
15. For the purpose of this Contest, “Companion” shall mean the Participant(s) legally wedded husband or wife (as the case may be) who has completed a) in case of Male Participant 21 years of age b) in case of Female Participant 18 years of age, as on the date of the Contest.
16. At the Ground Event, ZEEL shall conduct such quizzes, games, activities etc. with the Shortlisted Participants as decided by ZEEL at its sole discretion.
17. The rules of such games, activities, quiz etc and their participation mechanism, selection, number of rounds conducted and all other aspects shall be decided by ZEEL at its sole discretion and Shortlisted Participants shall not have any objection to the same and no communication shall be entertained in this regard by ZEEL.
18. From amongst the Shortlisted Participants who have attended the Ground Event along with their Companion and participated in all activities and games as per the requirements of ZEEL, ZEEL shall select and declare 5 (Five) winner(s) (“Winner(s)). The Winners as selected and decided by ZEEL at its discretion will be announced on the Ground Event itself. For sake of clarity, a Shortlisted Participant will be considered as Winner only when he/she has been specifically declared as a Winner and not merely when he/she has been contacted by ZEEL for any purpose.
19. The Winners will be given an opportunity to appear on the Show, along with their Companion(s) in such episode of the Show, as decided by ZEEL at its sole discretion and which shall be held on such date, time and venue as decided by ZEEL at their sole discretion (“Gratification”).
20. The Gratification is provided for the Winner(s) along with his/her Companion only and cannot be transferred to any other person for any reason whatsoever.
21. The Gratification may be modified/changed/revised at the sole discretion of ZEEL and Participant shall not have any claims or raise any concerns regarding the same.
22. It is mandatory for the Winner(s) to be accompanied by his/her Companion in order to avail the Gratification.
23. Eligibility for participation in the Contest : Participation in this Contest is restricted to residents of India only and who are above a) in case of Male Participant 21 years of age b) in case of Female Participant 18 years of age, as on the date of the Contest.
24. ZEEL will verify all the Entries of the Winners once selected and Winners shall be required to provide the following documents in order to avail the Gratification, namely:
(a) Pan Card;
(b) Proof of identity cum permanent address proof – Aadhar card / Election card/permanent Driver’s License.
(c) Latest mobile bill of the Mobile Number from which the Winner has submitted his/her Entry.
(d) Marriage certificate
(e) Such other documents as may be required and informed by ZEEL from time to time
All above mentioned documents shall be self-attested and verified/attested by appropriate authorities and shall be submitted in such manner as specified by ZEEL.
25. Grounds for disqualification to the Contest :
(a) Participants who are not eligible to participate in the Contest
(b) Participant/Shortlisted Participant/Winners failing to provide the required documents as stated above, within 7 (seven) days days of request by ZEEL;
(c) Shortlisted Participant who has not been accompanied by his/her Companion to the Ground Event and to avail the Gratification (as the case may be).
(d) Participant/ Winners found to be below a) in case of Male Participant 21 years of age b) in case of Female Participant 18 years of age, as on the date of the Contest, years of age as per the age proof submitted.
(e) Any of the documents/proofs not being properly attested, unclear, illegible and/or ZEEL has reasonable grounds to believe the same to be fraudulent.
26. ZEEL shall try to contact the Winner(s) on their Mobile Number as submitted to ZEEL, twice. However, if the Winner(s) cannot be reached then it is deemed that he/she has forfeited the Gratification and ZEEL reserves the right to select and declare another eligible Participant as a winner. Only the Winner along with his/her Companion shall be entitled to receive the Gratification and ZEEL shall not be liable to provide the Gratification to any third person on behalf of the Participant.
27. Winner(s) shall be solely liable to bear all costs and expenses including travel and accommodation (if any) to arrive at the venue of the shooting of the Show without any recourse to ZEEL.
28. Participant is hereby informed that premium charges for the missed call and recording may be applicable for and the Participant is required to contact their respective telecom operators for the same. ZEEL shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever.
29. ZEEL shall not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for any incident, accident that may occur during the course of the Winner’s and/or his/or Companion’s travel to or from the place of the shooting of the Show and/or during the shooting of the Show.
30. Participant hereby assigns to ZEEL the perpetual, worldwide right to make both audio, visual and/or audio visual recordings and take still images of the Participants/Companions during the Ground Event, the shooting of the Show and/or otherwise in connection with this Contest (“Recordings”) and to use the Recordings and the Participant(s)’s name, images, voice, likeness, performance and biographical information in connection with the Show or otherwise and also for the purpose of promoting the Show on any mode, medium, format whether in existence now and which may come into existence in the future. Participant further agree that the rights granted hereunder shall include the perpetual, worldwide right of ZEEL to exploit the Show and the Recordings in any manner, in whole or in part and in any mode, medium, format whether now known or which may come into existence in the universe in the future in lieu of the consideration i.e Gratification for the Contest. You acknowledge that in the event assignment in future mode, medium, format is considered invalid for any reason under any law or equity, then in lieu of the consideration received, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, Participant hereby grants to ZEEL for worldwide perpetual term, an exclusive, irrevocable, license in all the rights in the Recordings assigned herein, to use in any manner whatsoever. If the above mentioned license is considered ineffective in any manner, Participant agrees to provide any ratifications/consents as may be deemed necessary to accomplish the purposes of the foregoing in favor of ZEEL, as requested by ZEEL.
31. Participant hereby acknowledges that Participant’s participation in this Contest, the Ground Event, shooting of the Show is entirely voluntary in nature and ZEEL shall not be responsible or liable towards the participation or any aspect thereof in any manner whatsoever.
32. The Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable mandatory taxes and charges levied/imposed by the Central, State and/or local government authorities, from time to time without any liability towards ZEEL in any manner.
33. Technology Limitations - ZEEL, all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies shall not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries/ posts; (b) electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of ZEEL.
34. Participant is hereby informed that premium SMS charges may be applicable for participation and Participant is required to contact their respective telecom operator to inquire about the same or for any queries or issues relating to the same. ZEEL shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever.
35. The Winners shall not have any right to claim any kind of alternative in respect of the declared Gratifications.
36. ZEEL shall not be liable for any manufacturing defects in the Gratification and the Winner shall directly contact the manufacture for all such defects.
37. ZEEL and its parent/affiliate/subsidiary/group companies shall not be liable for a minor participating in the Contest without a parent or guardians supervision. Parents/guardian of such minors shall be liable for damages or losses occurred due to activities or action of their wards and are legally bound by any acts/deeds/violations of these Contest terms and Conditions.
38. Each Participant to the Contest declares hereby that he/she is a real person in existence and not a computer programme.
39. ZEEL does not and shall not subscribe for any claims / disputes / confirmation / responsibility in respect of the Contest including the Contest terms and conditions and any breach thereof.
40. ZEEL nor any of its affiliates or group companies shall be liable for any damage or loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) arising from personal injury or death, or loss of, or damage to property, which is suffered or sustained in connection with the Contest or the Gratification and further neither ZEEL nor any of its affiliates or group companies shall be responsible for any consumer grievances with respect the Contest or the Gratification.
41. Each Participant expressly agrees that by his/her participation in the Contest, ZEEL and/ or its affiliates/ agents/ advisors or sub-contractors further can use the personal, sensitive collected information, in any media or future promotional, publicity and marketing material, without any consent, reference, payment or other compensation to the Participant, subject to applicable privacy and data protection laws.
42. ZEEL shall have the right to share the Participant's personal information to any governmental or regulatory bodies if required by law, rule or statue and in response to a valid order of a court or authorized agency of the government or other legal process.
43. ZEEL takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information provided by the Participant against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, ZEEL cannot guarantee the security of any personal information or data which the Participant discloses. In any event, Participant agrees not to hold ZEEL responsible for any breach of security, except in case of negligence or wilful default on the part of ZEEL under the relevant legislation.
44. Using of false names/ identities, illegal/false mobile numbers, fake email addresses and/or any other illegal means either online or in hard copies shall be considered as suppression of facts and if ZEEL has to suffer of any adverse consequence in this respect, the Participant/s shall be penalised for the same in a manner as ZEEL may deem fit.
45. Participants found indulging in any malpractices such as cheating, misrepresentation, providing false information shall be disqualified from the on-going Contest and strict legal action may be taken by ZEEL against such Participant(s).
46. ZEEL at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions relating to the Contest from time to time and/or suspend, shorten, modify, extend or cancel the same without prior notice, without stating any reason and no claim in this regard shall be entertained.
47. All disputes arising out of or related to this Contest shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Mumbai alone and subject to the laws of India only.
48. The Participants shall indemnify and hold ZEEL harmless, its group companies, affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors and employees, against any loss that may occur to them due to non-adherence of these terms and conditions of the Contest.
49. Unless otherwise expressly stated, copyright, database right or similar rights in all material in relation to the Contest (including graphical images, text, video clips, demographics, sounds, demos, patches and other files) is owned, controlled or licensed by ZEEL or its affiliates and is protected or covered by copyright, trade mark, intellectual property law and other proprietary rights. Unless with prior permission, no part of the Platform or the Contest may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website, nor any of its pages or part thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service.
50. The decision of ZEEL on all matters, queries or disputes, concerning the Contest including the selection and declaration of the Winners and the Contest terms and conditions shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
51. By participating in the Contest, each Participant acknowledges and agrees to the terms and conditions contained herein and all related terms and conditions governing the Contest.
52. The duration and other rules/regulations of the Contest shall be at the discretion of ZEEL only.