“FEAR FILES CONTEST”
1. The contest titled ‘Fear Files Ho Contest’ (“Contest”) is conducted by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (“ZEEL”) for marketing and promoting the television programme Fear Files-3” (“Property”) which will be telecast on the channel “Zee TV” (“Channel”) between 10:30 PM 11:30 PM every Saturday and Sunday with effect from July 22, 2017.
2. The Contest is open for participation to Indian residents within the territory of India (“Territory”)
3. The Contest shall be effective from 12.00 am on July 6, 2017 until 12.00 am on July 12, 2017 (“Contest Period”). The Contest is open 24 hours a day for each day of the Contest Period.
4. The Contest is conducted by ZEEL on the following platforms (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Platform”
a) http://www.facebook.com/ZeeTvIndia (“Facebook Page”)
b) http://twitter.com/Zeetvindia (“Twitter Page”)
c) http://www.instagram.com/zeetv (“Instagram page”)
d) On-air Communication on Zee TV
5. Each person participating in the Contest is hereinafter referred to as “Participant”.
6. During the Contest Period, Participants are required to share real life horror stories (“stories”) that they have experienced in their lives.
7. To participate in the Contest during the Contest Period, Participant has to do the following: a) Access the Platform b) Submit their stories through modes available on Platform by tagging the Channel @ZeeTV using the hashtag #ShareYourFearStories and mentioning their city c) The best entry may get a chance to feature in one of the episodes of Fear Files- Season 3
8. A valid entry for the purpose of this Contest is where the Participant has submitted their story on the Platform, by tagging @ZeeTV and using the hashtag #ShareYourFearStories (“Entry”). Any Entry received after the end of the Contest Period will be not be considered.
9. From amongst the Participants who have submitted the Entry, ZEEL shall select the best stories submitted by the Participants during the Contest Period (hereinafter referred to as “Shortlisted Winner(s)”).
10. ZEEL will try to contact the Shortlisted Winner(s), after the Contest Period, through a personalised message on either of the Platforms and the Shortlisted Winner(s) shall be required to provide such details i.e full name, mobile number etc. to ZEEL. If the Shortlisted Winner(s) fail to respond or fail to provide such details within 24 (Twenty-Four) hours of ZEEL requesting the same, then such Shortlisted Winner(s) shall not be considered for the Contest. Thereafter, ZEEL shall have no further liability in relation to such Shortlisted Winner(s) and ZEEL shall be free to select another eligible Participant as a Shortlisted Winner(s) at its sole discretion.
11. Thereafter, ZEEL may verify Entries of all the Shortlisted Winner(s) who have provided the required details within the timelines stated in Clause 10 above and such Shortlisted Winner(s) shall be required to provide the following documents within 2 (Two) days of the request from ZEEL, for their Entry to be considered valid in the Contest namely:
(a) Pan Card;
(b) Proof of identity cum permanent address proof – Aadhar card / Election card/Passport/ permanent Driver’s License.
(c) Such other documents as may be required and informed by ZEEL from time to time All above mentioned documents shall be self-attested and verified/attested by appropriate authorities
12. The Shortlisted Winner(s) who have submitted the documents as stated in Clause 11 and within the specified timelines, to the satisfaction of ZEEL, shall be selected as winners of the Contest (“Winners(s)”). The Winners will be announced after the Contest Period, at any time, on the Platform as decided by ZEEL at its discretion.
13. For sake of clarity, Shortlisted Winner will be considered as Winner only when he/she has been specifically declared as a Winner and not merely when he/she has been contacted by ZEEL.
14. The Winner(s) selected and declared during the Contest Period will be eligible for reproduction of their story on the Platform and/or outdoor campaigns (“Prize”). ZEEL can modify/alter the story at it sole discretion
15. The redemption of the Prize and the validity of the Prize, shall be subject to and be governed by the terms and conditions as determined by ZEEL and the same shall be applicable to the Winner(s). ZEEL shall not in any manner be responsible or liable for the terms and conditions governing such redemption of the Prize or any issues, glitches faced by the Winner(s) in redeeming the Prize, for any reason whatsoever or in any manner whatsoever.
16. The Winner may at ZEEL sole discretion also be entitled to Channel merchandizes which are of such category, brand and value as decided by ZEEL at its sole discretion.
17. The Prizes may be modified/changed/revised at the sole discretion of ZEEL.
18. Eligibility for participation in the Contest: Participation in this Contest is restricted to Indian citizens residing in the Territory and who are above 18 years of age as on the date of this Contest.
19. Grounds for disqualification to the Contest:
(a) In addition to the grounds of disqualifications stated elsewhere in the terms and conditions. Shortlisted Winner(s) failing to provide required details and documents within the timelines stated in clause 10 and 11 above
(b) Participant(s) found to be below 18 years of age as per the age proof submitted.
(c) Any of the documents/proofs not being properly attested, unclear, illegible and/or ZEEL has reasonable grounds to believe the same to be fraudulent.
20. Participant is hereby informed that charges for the internet session may be applicable for and the Participant is required to contact their respective internet service provider for the same. ZEEL shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever.
21. The Prize(s) shall be given at any time after the Contest Period, at ZEEL’s sole discretion.
22. Each Participant shall be entitled to be declared as a Winner only once during the Contest Period.
23. ZEEL shall try to contact the Winner(s) on their registered mobile number/e-mail address as submitted to ZEEL, only once. However, if the Winner(s) cannot be reached then it is deemed that he/she has forfeited the Prize and ZEEL reserves the right to select and declare another eligible Participant as a winner. Only the Winner shall be entitled to receive the Prize and ZEEL shall not be liable to provide the Prize to any third person on behalf of the Participant.
24. The Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable mandatory taxes and charges levied/imposed by the Central, State and/or local government authorities, from time to time, including gift tax, octroi, vehicle registration charges, motor vehicle insurance without any liability towards ZEEL in any manner.
27. Technology Limitations- ZEEL, all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies shall not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries/ Answers; (b) electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of ZEEL.
28. The Winners shall not have any right to claim any kind of alternative i.e either in cash or in kind in respect of the declared Prizes
29. ZEEL shall not be liable for any manufacturing defects or other defects in the Prizes and ZEEL shall not entertain any communications in this regard.
30. Each Participant to the Contest declares hereby that he/she is a real person in existence and not a computer programme.
31. Employees of ZEEL, its affiliates, subsidiaries, any other business partners associated with this Contest (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
32. ZEEL does not and shall not subscribe for any claims / disputes / confirmation / responsibility in respect of the Contest including the Contest Periods and conditions and any breach thereof.
33. Standard product warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Prize will be applicable. ZEEL disclaims any and all liability with respect to any defects, deficiencies or issues concerning in relation to the Prize and Participant shall directly contact the manufacturer in relation to the same without any recourse to ZEEL.
34. ZEEL shall not be liable for any damage or loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) arising from personal injury or death, or loss of, or damage to property, which is suffered or sustained in connection with the Contest or the Prize and further neither ZEEL nor any of its affiliates or group companies shall be responsible for any consumer grievances with respect the Contest or the Prize.
35. Each Participant expressly agrees that by his/her participation in the Contest, ZEEL and/ or its affiliates/ agents/ advisors or sub-contractors further can use the personal, sensitive collected information, in any media or future promotional, publicity and marketing material, without any consent, reference, payment or other compensation to the Participant, subject to applicable privacy and data protection laws.
36. ZEEL shall have the right to share the Participant's personal information to any governmental or regulatory bodies if required by law, rule or statue and in response to a valid order of a court or authorized agency of the government or other legal process.
37. ZEEL takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information provided by the Participant against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, ZEEL cannot guarantee the security of any personal information or data which the Participant discloses. In any event, Participant agrees not to hold ZEEL responsible for any breach of security, except in case of negligence or wilful default on the part of ZEEL under the relevant legislation.
38. Using of false names/ identities, illegal/false mobile numbers, fake email addresses and/or any other illegal means either online or in hard copies shall be considered as suppression of facts and if ZEEL has to suffer of any adverse consequence in this respect, the Participant/s shall be penalised for the same in a manner as ZEEL may deem fit.
39. Participants found indulging in any malpractices such as cheating, misrepresentation, providing false information shall be disqualified from the on-going Contest and strict legal action may be taken by ZEEL against such Participant(s).
40. ZEEL at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions relating to the Contest from time to time and/or suspend, shorten, modify, extend or cancel the same without prior notice, without stating any reason and no claim in this regard shall be entertained.
41. All disputes arising out of or related to this Contest shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Mumbai alone and subject to the laws of India only.
42. The Participants shall indemnify and hold ZEEL harmless, its group companies, affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors and employees, against any loss that may occur to them due to non-adherence of these terms and conditions of the Contest.
43. Participant hereby assigns to ZEEL the perpetual, worldwide right in the Post and to use the Post, the name, images, voice, likeness, performance and biographical information of the Participant in connection with the Contest or otherwise and also for the purpose of promoting the Channel on any mode, medium, format whether in existence now and which may come into existence in the future, without any payment (in cash, kind of otherwise) to be made to the Participant.
44. Unless otherwise expressly stated, copyright, database right or similar rights in all material in relation to the Contest (including graphical images, text, video clips, demographics, sounds, demos, patches and other files) is owned, controlled or licensed by ZEEL or its affiliates and is protected or covered by copyright, trade mark, intellectual property law and other proprietary rights. Unless with prior permission, no part of the Platform or the Contest may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website, nor any of its pages or part thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service.
45. The decision of ZEEL on all matters, queries or disputes, concerning the Contest including the selection and declaration of the Winners and the Contest terms and conditions shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
46. By participating in the Contest, each Participant acknowledges and agrees to the terms and conditions contained herein and all related terms and conditions governing the Contest.
47. The duration and other rules/regulations of the Contest shall be at the discretion of ZEEL only.